STEEL CASTINGS FOR HYDROELECTRIC POWER PLANTS
SAFAS, thanks to its consolidated experience gained over the years, is among the foundries in the world capable of producing Francis impellers and pumps, even of large dimensions, completely monolithic, which is a feature that makes the casting particularly resistant to the forces that stress it during operation.
Thanks to a specially dedicated business unit, SAFAS offers:
– Subcontracting of models, according to foundry needs, built starting from supplied drawings
– Refining of the steel in AOD which guarantees mechanical characteristics much higher than the standard.
– Rough castings with tolerated stock and intrinsic quality assurance.
– Finishing of hydraulic profiles with CNC machine tools and subsequent grinding, polishing and balancing for the impellers.
– Particularly accurate dimensional controls with the use of 3D laser systems.
– Testing of parts according to the most common standards and according to the customer’s technical specifications, with ISO EN 10204 3.1B certification.
– Fully finished and dynamically balanced machine parts.